Friday, March 12, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 40 - Waiting

"If we rely on Him with such regularity, we won't wander off like clueless sheep straying from our shepherd." Your Place in This World Michael W. Smith pg. 128

(Before my husband found his grace-filled God given job of 2010 we were in a no man land of confusion at what to do next. We were in between jobs and it was very tempting to take the first thing placed before us. The Lord spoke to me about this.)

Job 14:14-16..."All the days of my hard service I will wait, till my change comes. You shall call and I will answer You; You shall desire the work of Your hands. For now You number my steps..."

Your sovereignty is wonderful. Even now as we sit and wait. Some say move now! Do something now! I can not explain it. Even though godly men have laid out a plan for us to begin to implement for a possible future job, I feel another quiet voice that says wait!

Waiting will look lazy to my "type A" friends. Waiting may look like a blurred vision. Waiting admits no job direction, no job purpose, no job goals. Waiting will deplete our small bank account. How long can we live on $2,000? Waiting means I can't answer my friends' questions about what we are doing. Waiting is one day closer from my departure from this physical home without accomplishing the multiplication principle (that is the Great Commission to go to all the world and make disciples. Matthew 28:18-20). Waiting is interpreted as fear, lack of faith, self doubt.

If our vision is blurred it is because my good and powerful Savior has kept it so until it is time. There is a season for everything ---even a season of waiting. I do not want to move because man plans, suggests, tells me to, but because of the mighty, working power of the Holy Spirit. I can not move a certain direction until the great God of the universe---my Master and Boss tells me to.

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

Psalm 138:8 "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me..."

Isaiah 64:4 "For since the beginning of the world, men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits for Him."

What might God be asking you to wait for?

No comments:

Post a Comment