Friday, July 18, 2014

Devotional 114 - Too Much Of Me

"If you center on anything but God, you suffer a loss of identity. Your identity will be fragile and insecure, because it's based on the things you center your life on. It's based on human approval. It's based on how well you perform."  Timothy Keller  King's Cross

John 3:30 "He must increase in importance, while I must decrease in importance." GWT

What a privilege to serve one another and other women. It gets our eyes off ourselves...usually.

We can serve in such a way that I am glorified and looked up to. I can be driven to serve you because I need people to like me and I have learned that is a very acceptable way to get affirmation. Do good and you look good.

God sees it all and knows our hearts. So on occasion He will remove the "Me" in our passionate pursuit of service by bringing in the hard person to serve, or the complaining person, or the person you can never do enough for or do it right.

It is then, that our eyes must look heavenward and say: "Lord Jesus, apart from You I can do no good thing. Your life must shine brighter. I must decrease, You must increase."

When our lives are centered on Christ we can serve without human approval.

Serve the Lord your God today... "with joy and gladness of heart."   Deuteronomy 28:47

No comments:

Post a Comment