Tuesday, July 22, 2014

DEVOTIONAL 115 - With Your God

Choosing to live a life apart from God is a commitment to sin.”
Bible commentary

Micah 6: 8 “He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly WITH YOUR GOD?”

As my friend pointed out on this sung and oft read verse from Micah, we always emphasize just, merciful, humble living and gloss over the three very important words: “with your God”.

God must be in our right living. God must be in our kindness. God must be in my humility. When I exhibit good character without relying and trusting in my good and great Savior I miss the point. The point being, that only when I look at Jesus can I practice justice rightly; only when I look at Christ's mercy can I practice mercy correctly, only as I see the humility of Christ will I be able to live humbly.

All of our lives, whether good or bad, if lived apart from the intimate fellowship of God will be lived selfishly and will not meet the requirement of God.

And we will miss out on the joy. Psalm 16:11 “In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” He demands “with your God” in everything because He knows He is our joy! His presence brings us pleasure!

Today let us remember He is with us. Let us serve and love and yes, give Biblical rebuke with our great God and Savior guiding us.

We love because He first loved us. 1John 4:19



No comments:

Post a Comment