Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Devotional 116 - Eyes of Hope

"If I do not look with eyes of hope on all in whom there is even a
 faint beginning, as our Lord did, when just after His disciples
 had wrangled about which of them should be accounted the
 greatest, He softened His rebuke with those heart-melting 
words, 'You are they which have continued with Me in My
 temptations,' then I know nothing of Calvary love.   
 If   Amy Carmichael, missionary to India for fifty years

Psalm 131 "O Lord, my heart is not conceited. My eyes 
do not look down on others. I am not involved in
 things too big or too difficult for me. Instead,
 I have kept my soul calm and quiet. 
My soul is content as a weaned child 
is content in its mother's arms. Israel,
 put your hope in the Lord now and forever."

Let us look with hope at all who God places in our path.

Sometimes I catch myself saying about some blood-bought saint: 
"Oh, they will never change."

Well, who died and made me God? That should not come out of my
 mouth. That is God's department and when I start to make decisions
 like that I am involving myself with things too big for me. I am
 conceited and looking down on others.

Let us take comfort and rest in our Savior that we do not have to
 change the women we serve. We have to serve the women  and 
Christ does the changing.

We put our hope in God and live today contentedly like a child
 in her mother's arms.

Be a child today! See with hope-filled eyes. Be a child today!

No comments:

Post a Comment