Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Devotional Snapshot 63 - He provides

"Every day will have no more trouble than you can bear; and every day will have mercies sufficient for that day's stress." Future Grace John Piper

"In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the Angel of His Presence saved them; in His love and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bore them and carried them all the days of old." Isaiah 63:9

Look at the verbs used in this verse...saved redeemed, bore, carried. Whether young or old you have a God watching over you with concern, love; yes, and even pity.

I ordered a box of homemade gifts from a friend in another town. I had sent her money and said "Surprise me! Send me whatever you like."

So, on a Thursday the box arrived. I opened it and laid all the goodies out on my kitchen counter. There were homemade chocolates in brown & pink striped boxes tied with ribbon, bright pink crocheted slippers, felt bags that looked like snowmen filled with carmel corn, and a brown crocheted scarf with little tan loops of yarn throughout to give it a textured look. In my mind I began to determine who to give the gifts to, all except the little brown scarf.

Friday morning I went to our early breakfast and a friend came in sad that day. We listened to her tale of woe. We sympathized as she expressed the pressures she was feeling this week. Suddenly she paused in the middle of her unloading, and out of the blue she said: "And I want a brown scarf!"

What a delight it was to tell my friend the Lord had sent her scarf the day before in a package to me from a woman she had never met. God knew exactly what she needed to be encouraged. He knew ahead of time and sent it days before. How personal and intimately He cares for us, even down to the brown scarf.

Look for how God is caring and providing for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment