Thursday, February 18, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 12 - Depend on Him

"It is wretched work for a believer to try and live without his Savior." C. H. Spurgeon

"Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High,
and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Ps. 50:14,15

I'm learning more and more how God takes delight in my weakness, not my strength; for then I'm more apt to come to Him. That's what He wants! I would feel critical of myself coming to God for every little problem; and yet it appears that's exactly what He says.

"I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, which are ever before me. I have no need ...for the world is mine, and all that is in it. Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows ...call upon me in the day of trouble..."

He wants my thankfulness, my obedience, my dependence. My dependence! Imagine that! Being dependent on Him honors Him, glorifies Him! It even says when you call on Him in your day of trouble "He will deliver you, and you will honor Me". Get that through our heads that when we are weak, we are strong. When we admit weakness we bring praise to God Almighty.

This is too wonderful, the more I lean , the less I worry, because it's in His hands. The happier I keep my heart in Christ, the less I experience fear, because I know Him who is fearless. God is glorified! No worry, no fear, no sorrow, all can be mine now as I depend on God.

"He who sacrifices thank offering honors Me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God." Ps. 50:23

"And He is not served by human hands, as if He needed anything, because He himself gives all men life and breathe and everything else." Acts 17:25

How do you demonstrate your need for Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment