Sunday, February 14, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 9 - Wait on the Lord

"If He had energy enough to speak the worlds into being according to the Father's will and the Son's Word, He has the energy to carry you through your burden." Beth Moore

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and, not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isa. 40:31

So why am I teary, why did I argue with my daughter and say things that hurt her feelings? Why did I worry about money? Because I had not, for a week, waited on the Lord. I had not renewed my strength in Him, therefore I was not mounting up with wings as eagles but flopping around on the ground like a headless chicken; I was not running without weariness, but wearily running; I was not walking, but fainting.

Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope." I need regular time in the reading of the Bible. This is where I get God's perspective. His perspective always brings wisdom and strength. In His word I hope, on His word I wait.

What does it mean to wait upon the Lord? Read Psalm 130 or Psalm 40. What verses stand out to you? Write one down to memorize. Don't be afraid of scripture memory. You can do it. We've memorized our social security numbers, dozens of phone numbers, our kid's birthdays, you can do it. God gave us a brain big enough to pile a lot more information into it then we do. When the Word dwells in your heart it helps to keep our way pure as the good Book says...Psalm 119: 9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment