Thursday, February 18, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 16 - Discipline

(Re: Romans 8:28, 29) "The "good" for which all things work is not the immediate ease and comfort of God's children (as is, one fears, too often supposed), but their ultimate holiness and conformity to the likeness of Christ." Great Grace J.I. Packer

"I will punish their sin with a rod, their iniquity with flogging; but I will not take my love from him, nor will I ever betray my faithfulness." Psalm 89:32,33

"I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with the rod of men, with floggings inflicted by men. But my love will never be taken away from him,.." 2Samuel 7:14,15

God seems to say He can harm us, hurt us and still love us . He can refuse to hear our prayers because of unconfessed sin, turn His back on us and still love us.

Like a father to his son, like a mother to her daughter we discipline for their good. So our Holy, Just God does what is necessary to bring about heavenly results in our lives. He can and will punish us but His love will never be taken away. He loved us from the beginning and will love us to the end.

This unconditional love though is for His children. You must receive Christ as your Savior, submit to Him, repent of your sins and trust His death and resurrection as canceling out your debt to God. John 1:12 "Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed on His name, He gave the right to become children of God --" Talk to Him about your salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment