Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 22 - Serve with Joy

"If our children saw us doing 'heartily as unto the Lord' all the work we do, they would learn true happiness." Keep a Quiet Heart Elisabeth Elliot

"Because you did not serve the Lord your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity, therefore in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and dire poverty, you will serve the enemies the Lord sends against you. He will put an iron yoke on your neck until He has destroyed you." Deuteronomy 28:47-48

Lord, I have been in a state of refusal to do a certain work at the church. My feelings on this are so fogged with my own self will that I have no idea what Yours is. It could be that you truly desire a change of place for me - on the other hand you may desire a change of heart.

I believe the above verse warns me that my grumbling about the job God has given me to do is like walking around with an iron yoke upon my neck. And the above quote by Elisabeth Elliot reminds me people are watching my attitude.

Lord, help me to do your will and to do it graciously. Help me to joyfully submit to you.

"Fulfillment is not a goal to achieve, but always the by-product of sacrifice." Keep a Quiet Heart Elisabeth Elliot

Each of us has something dreary to do in our lives. God knows it and can enable you to do it cheerfully. Even to a slave, Paul, in the inspired book of Colossians wrote: chapter 3: 23, 24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

What task do you need the Spirit's help in order to do it joyfully?

No comments:

Post a Comment