Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 2 - Failure

"Just because we fail doesn't make us a failure." Darlene Ankerberg

" Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant...
I know that the LORD is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods.
The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all deep places." Psalm 135: 3-6

Disappointed a friend who accused me of treating her like a project. I didn't know what to say, don't know what to do different. I do love her but I feel sorry for her and she must sense it and hate it.

I apologized, but it feels lame without me changing somehow.

I go to Your word and it reminds me to praise You. Even now in my failure - I praise You. You are great and good. And to sing praises to You "is pleasant"....

"For I know the Lord is great, and our Lord is above all gods. Whatever the Lord pleases He does..."

So do Your work in her life and in mine. Her tears may be Your plan to drive her to You instead of friend, or job, or music, or men. You, O Lord, deserve our praise.

I praise You now.

Failure, whether intentional or accidental, can weigh you down. Praise Your Lord anyway right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment