Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 1 - Trust and Dream

"What He is after is us - our laughter, our tears, our dreams, our fears, our heart of hearts." The Sacred Romance

"My heart is not proud, O LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me.
But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
O Israel, put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore." Psalm 131


This is what I see in Psalm 131 when the Psalmist cries out: "O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forever."

This is all I can do. Lord, I have dreams but am not even sure what they are. I do not know if You would approve of them or if they would be good for me.

I give You my heart because I do not know what it needs. Only You, my God, can figure it out. I must trust You, hope in You. I have no other. You alone know how to unravel my confusion. You alone can stir me to move in the right direction. You alone can satisfy my need for beauty, for change, for a vision.

You alone can refresh me and cause me to be renewed in the inner man. As I hope in You, I become stilled and quieted.

Whether old or young, married or single, write down your dreams and pray about them. Now quit your fussing and lean on Your Lord. He knows what He is doing with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment