Thursday, February 18, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 13 - Children

"Though hostile forces rage and chaos threatens, God is King; therefore His people are safe."
Great Grace J.I. Packer

As I leave my children in your care today, with all it's temptations for sin, I pray You would strengthen them by the power of your Spirit to abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul. 1Pet. 2:11

"Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life... To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy." Jude 21, 24

You are able to keep them for eternal life. You are able to teach godliness to them. If they fail, your grace and mercy covers today. You redeemed them from all wickedness and are making a pure people for yourself.

I, too, sin and mine are no less than my children. Your mercies keep me and so they will keep My children. I must trust you today and let my children make their mistakes and learn of Your wonderful love through it all.

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age." Titus 2:11

Pray for your children or someone else's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment