Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 43 - Selfish

"Our weaknesses are always a better door for his entry into our lives than our confident control." Into the Depths of God Calvin Miller pg.94

Philippians 2:3,4 "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."

O God, I am such a selfish baby. It does not take me long to raise my ugly "me/my" head. My time, my rights, my comfort, my space.....me...me...me.

I ask Your forgiveness and I ask for Your help to live kindly and generously with others.

My husband said I need to be flexible and give up my own way. He is right. I am so strong-willed. It is hard. Make me humble, make me obedient, make me joyful in serving. Change my old nature and make it soft and pliable in Your hands. I want to give You joy by my obedience. I want others to see how much I love You by serving others. I want to practice Your presence while I wash windows today. My least favorite thing to do... but I had offered to help, and she chose "windows".

Confess where you are selfish. Ask God to change you. Now what might God want you to do this week to fight your selfish nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment