Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 31 - No longer Blind

"Every time I refuse to drop a net - every time I refuse to give, love, serve, forgive, go, or change a pattern of living because of something I treasure more - I tell Christ where He stands in my life." Following Christ Joseph Stowell

They brought him who formerly was blind to the Pharisees. Now it was a Sabbath when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes... Therefore some of the Pharisees said, "This Man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath."... They said to the blind man again, "What do you say about Him because He opened your eyes?"... He answered and said, "Whether He is a sinner or not I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see."... They answered and said to him, "You were completely born in sins, and are you teaching us?" And they cast him out. John 9:13, 14, 16, 17, 25, 34

This young blind man wisely answered the Pharisees. It got him excommunicated, which was serious and humiliating- but after all he could see! Would he even for a moment want to be acceptable to the elite Jews if it meant losing his sight?

The joy and pleasure was far too great! He would not turn back. For the first time -colors; the first time -sky; the first time -the faces of his parents! Now he could work instead of beg. He is no longer unclean. Go back? How? How could he deny the man who had brought so much light to his life? Give up his acceptability to the Pharisees? Alright. After all, he could see!

And not only that...vs 38 ..."Lord, I believe!" And he worshiped Him. The blind man's eyes and heart were opened. With his healed eyes he could finally understand the world; with his healed soul he could finally understand worship, and rejoice in God.

"...I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Isn't Christ worth rejection? Isn't He worth being passed over, left out, uninvited? After all, I was blind and now I can see. I was in darkness and now I am in light. I was dead and now I am alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment