Friday, March 12, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 41 - Fame

"behold Him...Lift up thine eyes to heaven...He is all-sufficient, eternal, self-existent, unchangeable! He is good, He is loving, He is kind, He is gracious!" Daily Help Charles H. Spurgeon Feb. 27

(Boulder, Colorado ---- 2006)

1Corinthinians 3:19-21 "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their own craftiness'; and again, 'The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.' Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours;"

I tried out last week as an extra for a movie, but I did not get called. They are filming only about six blocks from home today. I feel disappointed. To be on the inside of movie making would have been fun and a change in my routine, and possibly an inroad to stardom! I realize that I put some people on pedestals like movie stars, politicians, the rich, the athletes, the beautiful. But why?

I am ashamed that I feel this way. My most cherished relationship is You. You are God Almighty! These others are but blades of grass, grains of sand...here today, gone tomorrow. You are Creator, Sustainer, upholding all things. You invite me in to speak with You, love You, be loved by You. This is more wonderful than all the powerful, beautiful people knocking on my door wanting my friendship. According to John 15:15 Jesus calls me friend.

I set my sights so low....forgive me.

Jesus calls you friend. How can you develop that friendship more this week? Pray for the people you admire but do not pray for their admiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment