Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Devotional -Snapshot 50- Praise & Forgive

"Forgiveness is the key which unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred. It is a power that breaks the chains of bitterness and shackles of selfishness. What a liberation it is when you can forgive." He Sets the Captives Free Corrie Ten Boom


Psalm 65:3 "Iniquities prevail against me; as for our transgressions, You will provide atonement for them."

Let's settle the fact that I am imperfect. Even before I walked out of the door with my husband, I sinned with my tongue. I am insecure and fearful, and angry and depressed. I admit it. I am sorry. Now let's go on.

I will praise You now in spite of my sinful behavior. You are good. You are awesome. You have created so much beauty. You are the author of everything just and right. You are worthy. You are Holy. You are powerful and sovereign. I love You. Thank You for loving me.

You are in charge. Nothing escapes You. Nothing surprises You. Every war won or lost---all by Your hand, all with a purpose. You will be glorified. You are being glorified at this very moment.

The wind is Yours. It blows where You tell it. The clouds float by in the exact numbers You direct. The sun gives its light on cloudy days as well as cloudless by Your decree.

You deserve to be praised on my cranky days, "no good" ornery days, days of fear and worry. I can not use sin as an excuse to not praise You.

Psalm 66:1-7 "Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth! Sing out the honor of His name; make His praise glorious. Say to God, :How awesome are Your works! Through the greatness of Your power Your enemies shall submit themselves to You. All the earth shall worship You and sing praises to You; they shall sing praises to Your name." Come and see the works of God; He is awesome in His doing toward the sons of men....He rules by His power forever; His eyes observe the nations;..."

I know that with this moment of praise You are still asking me to reconcile with my husband. I will go now and ask his forgiveness. Thank You for teaching me and giving me Your gentle rebuke.

Is there someone God is asking you to forgive? Have you praised Him yet today?

No comments:

Post a Comment