Monday, March 22, 2010

Devotional Snapshot 56 - Sovereignty

"It is sometimes supposed that God knows the future but does not control it; that He upholds the world, but does not intervene in it; or that He gives general direction, but is not concerned with details. The Bible emphatically rules out all such limitations of His providence." NKJV Bible pg. 957

Ephesian 1:11 "...being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will."

This word never seizes to amaze me. I can not grasp its immensity. It sweeps around my brain and I can ponder it but a moment before tears come to my eyes. Sovereignty means in all, for all, above all, holding all, knowing all, providing all----all, all, all! The "all" is too big for me to understand.

Proverbs 16:4 "The Lord has made all for Himself, yes, even the wicked for the day of doom."

Psalm 33:15 "He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their work."

Colossians 1:16 "For by Him (Jesus) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth...All things were created through Him and for Him."

Colossians 1:17 "And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."

Colossians 1:18 "And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence."

So whatever happens to me, whatever is said to me, whatever hurts me, whatever gives me joy; all under His control, all with a purpose by a good and loving God.

So whatever happens to you, whatever is said to you, whatever hurts you, whatever gives you joy; all under His control, all with a purpose by a good and loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment